Martyna discovered yoga ten years ago and since then her yoga habit has grown more and more until it became her life philosophy. Martyna loves to teach her students and bring more awareness into their everyday life. Yoga is for her not only about perfect poses but more about balancing, becoming conscious about who we are, what we want and about bringing us back to our true selves. Martyna is Vinyasa, Yin Yoga and Business Yoga Teacher based in Munich, Germany. Learn more about her on this fit life interview.
1. What is your name, how old are you and what do you do for a living?
Martyna Tetera, 30 years old and I am a yoga instructor, blogger and traveler.
2. What kind of sport do you practice? Is it your favourite? If not, which is it?
Yoga, dance, fitness, hiking, cycling, horseback riding, diving, climbing. My favourites though are yoga, dance and hiking.
3. Why did you decide to start practicing this sport and which is your motivation?
Yoga and dance are my two passions. I started going to the gym because of a knee injury.
4. How is a typical day in your life and how do you manage to practice your sport?
I practice yoga in the early morning. At the moment I dance occasionally and go to the gym once a week, sometimes twice.
5. How do you feel at the end of your training?
6. How does sport change your everyday life?
I have more energy, more strength, I can concentrate better, laugh more, work better.
7. Which kind of problems did/do sports help you with and does that make you feel stronger?
Back and knee pain, concentration and digestion problems, sleeping issues.
8. How do you feel about your body?
I accept myself as I am, without trying to be perfect. I feel generally much better about my body when I move, exercise and meditate regularly.
9. What positive message would you send people that want to start practicing sports?
Don't start doing sports by thinking that your body is in bad shape and needs work. Do sports because you want to give yourself a present. It will make you feel better, stronger physically and mentally, you'll grow as a person and fall in love with yourself.
No Legend is Made Alone!