Anastasia's sport life started by doing dressage and equestrian show jumping at 9 years old. She did it for 7 years until she was 14 years old when she began with fitness. She has been training intensively for the last 8 years. Anastasia did a 3 month training preparation with Danilo Lima and became our first cover model! Check this small interview with her and get to know a bit more about her and her life.
1. What is your name and what do you do for a living?
I am Anastasia and I study at the University of Munich (LMU).
2. What kind of sport do you practice? Is it your favourite? If not, which is it?
I go around 2 to 3 times a week to the gym, I do weightlifting and cardio. Those are my favorite sports and it is what I like to do the most.
3. Why did you decide to start practicing this sport and which is your motivation?
I started with fitness at the age of 14, because my mom always trained in the same studio and I also wanted to do sports, to be fit and to keep my body healthy. My motivation is that I want to be able to look in the mirror and be satisfied with my body. Beyond that my motivation lies on the fact that sport helps keep my body and spirit healthy and I feel better after it.
4. How is a typical day in your life and how do you manage to practice your sport?
In the morning I am usually at the University or at work, and I try to go to the gym directly afterwards. I always try to bring along my fitness gear, so that I can go to the gym on my way home at the end of the day.
5. How is your normal weekly training plan? Which exercises do you normally do each day?
I try to go to the gym 3 times a week, with one day of rest in between each. My normal plan ist always different, but I try to do weight-lifting using only my body weight as well as cardio exercises. I always train legs and stomach together and arms on the other day.
6. How do you feel at the end of your training?
I feel much better and more well-balanced and I am very satisfied and happy that I overcame my lack of will power.
7. How does sport change your everyday life?
Sport provides a good balance in contrast to work and studies. During the latter you have to sit a lot, so without the former I would not be very satisfied and would have no chance to work off the sitting.
8. Which kind of problems did/do sports help you with and does that make you feel stronger?
Sport helps me not to suffer from back pain after sitting for so long. It helps me feel better in my own body and gives me self-awareness.
9. How do you feel about your body?
I am satisfied with mysef, but I always try to train more. It can only get better.
10. In which way does sport help shape the way you perceive your body?
Sport helps me build up muscle and reduce fat. It makes my body strong and firm.
11. What positive message would you send people that want to start practicing sports?
It is always good to start doing sports. There are no disadvantages. You feel better, fitter. Even if you don’t lose that much weight, you’re still better off with than without sport.
No Legend is Made Alone!