1. What is your name, how old are you and what do you do for a living?
Samara, 18 and at the moment I go to high school. I also work at a fitness studio.
2. What kind of sport do you practice? Is it your favourite? If not, which is it?
I like dancing, playing basketball and fitness. Fitness is definitely my favourite way of staying active.
3. Why did you decide to start practicing this sport and which is your motivation?
It’s been about 3 years since I joined my first gym. I wanted to lose weight then, because I didn’t feel well about my body. Fitness is my motivation, because it allows me to change my body as I desire.
4. How is a typical day in your life and how do you manage to practice your sport?
In the morning I go to school. Sometimes it lasts till late in the afternoon. I always prepare my food beforehand and bring it along with my gym clothes with me, so that I can go there after class.
5. How is your normal week training plan? Which exercises do you normally do each day?
I split my training like this: shoulders/arms, hamstring/glutes, back/chest, quads/glutes. I train abs along with every upper body session. My favourite exercises are: hip thrusts, cable ab crunches, sumo deadlift, rows.
6. How do you feel at the end of your training?
After my training I feel a mixture of exhaustion and satisfaction. I’m exhausted, but at the same time I can’t stop because it feels great to train.
7. How does sport change your everyday life?
Sport helps me to distract myself from everyday life. When I go to the gym I can relax and take time for myself without thinking about my problems and stress.
8. Which kind of problems did/do sports help you with and does that make you feel stronger?
Like I mentioned before fitness helped me to lose weight, because I didn’t feel well about my body. But after I lost 10 kg, I found myself to be too skinny. So I started to lift weights to gain muscle mass. I love and feel stronger by doing this, because I can do what I love: caring about myself and my body.
9. How do you feel about your body?
I never was fully satisfied with my body, that’s why there was a long way to go to reach the body I have now. I am also not fully satisfied with it, but now I feel better and more confident under my own skin. Well, there’s always something we can do better.
10. In which way does sport help shape the way you perceive your body?
Weight lifting is the way to beautify your body. It’s like art because you almost shape body parts as you want it. That’s why it’s called bodybuilding. You build your “perfect body”
11. What positive message would you send people that want to start practicing sports?
Find a way of being active. An activity which will make you more confident and which will make you happy. As soon as you find it, you will see how it will fulfil your life and you’ll be successful.